On 3-Feb-07, at 4:35 AM, Ken Moore wrote:

In my WinFin 2004 (under XP), optimisation in the Page Layout tool occasionally gives anomalous results. I have a score in which I have used optimisation to reduce the number of page turns. With some adjustment of system spacings, I now have two pages on which the original two systems of five staves have been replaced by three systems of four staves. Unfortunately, the system numbers are now 18, 19, 20 on the first and 20, 21, 22 on the second; the following page has 22, 23. Typically, in these cases some other manipulation corrects the layout, but I have been unable to discover one that does this consistently. I have tried update layout,

You have to be on the FIRST of the two pages when updating layout, as Update Layout only works from the page you are on until the end. I suspect that you are on the second of the two pages when you do it, which of course will do nothing to the first page.

Christopher