Noel Stoutenburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Ken Moore wrote:

>> In my WinFin 2004 (under XP), optimisation in the Page

Layout tool occasionally gives anomalous results. [...] I have tried update layout, but never seen it work;

I think first thing I"d try is "Update Layout" on the Edit menu (keyboard shortcut CTRL+U).

Thanks for replying; I shall use capitals for all commands in future, to make them easier to pick out of the text. I have discovered a rather convoluted sequence of manipulations that gives me printable pages:

in Mass Mover, select the first measure of the "correct" version of the duplicated system and merge it with its true successor using down arrow; then split the combined system as required. This is not ideal, as it can still leave a duplicate system (which has no successor) on the last page, so one then has to remember not to waste paper by printing it.

--
Ken Moore