Hi David- I've been following this thread since the start- and for what it's
worthy, my solution would be melody - possibly a bass line, and chords.

However my interest leapt when I saw your comment re Botschaft. "Black notes
versus white notes". Piano fingering would be in total chaos!

I worked regularly with a choir-leader who always asked for arrgts for band
and choir in F#, or Db, or B.
I nodded, then did them in F, C and Bb. In 12 years (about 30 arrgt's) she
never noticed.

Disregarding the aspect of tonality of keys (waiting for flame here!)- I
cannot accept that any vocalist can sing something in -say B major, but not
in C or Bb.
Unless, of course, the song has absolute extremes of register- in which case
it really isn't the best choice of song.

My 2c - (although we don't use cents anymore)!

Cheers  K in OZ

Keith Helgesen.
Ph: (02) 62910787.
Mob 0417-042171