On Feb 19, 2007, at 11:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The whole issue of this incessant ongoing external stimulation addiction that has been epidemic in US culture for the past several generations is killing all the arts and ultimately depriving the every day average person
from having any kind of truly spiritual artistic experience.

I'm sorry, but this is garbage. Merely asserting a thing does not make it so, and you have offered no evidence at all to support your position. I see no decline whatsoever in the ability to experience music deeply throughout the course of my 60-yr. lifetime. Courses in "how to listen" go back at least to the 1950s, and books on the subject much further (example: Copland, _What to Listen For in Music_).

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/