Thanks Aaron.

On Feb 24, 2007, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:30:06 -0500
From: Aaron Sherber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Finale] MULTIMEASURE catastrophe
To: finale@shsu.edu, FINALE FINALE LIST <finale@shsu.edu>

At 09:48 PM 2/23/2007, Kim Richmond wrote:
I quickly learned that that meant there were
measures filled with music not showing on the part. The solution was,
on each part, with the Measure Tool selected, choose Create
Multimeasure Rests. That reveals the hidden music. But it has to be
done on every part. Doing it when viewing the score doesn't do it.

You can also do Measure | Multimeasure Rest | Create for Parts/Score
and do all the parts in one go.

Or you can go to Document Options | Multimeasure Rests and check
Update Automatically. Then as you add music, MM rests in the part
should break themselves as needed. I think the downside to this is
that Finale actually recalculates each MM rest when you switch to the
part, and you will lose any manual edits. For example, if you have
adjusted the endpoint of an MM rest to avoid a clef change, you will
lose that edit.

        It appears this 2007 version has a LOT of problems.

Maybe, but this is actually working as designed. Take a look at 37-23
in the manual, which spells most of this out. I'm not saying this is
the best approach, but it's not a bug either.

Aaron.