Stephen Ellis wrote:
I have learned much from the thread concerning binding. I now pose an even more basic question: What printers are recommended for your oversized pages? I would like to purchase one capable of printing larger that 8.5" x 14". Thoughts?
Assuming you are asking about Laser printers, I have had been highly satisfied with my purchase of a Ricoh AP610 N, also marketed by Savin and Gestetner under different model designations. This handles 11 x 17 paper, which meets my needs for now. An abstract of the specs: 1200 x 1200 dpi; 35 pages per minute; toner cost (on my output, your experience may be different) about three quarters of a cent per page. Biggest disadvantage: a bit hard to find; pretty much have to go through an authorized dealer.

ns