henry,

this may or not solve the problem, but there are two different selection tools in illustrator that function quite differently. also make sure to click outside everything (eg. outside the page edge) to make sure NOTHING is selected before clicking on an item to select.

i haven't had to do the kind of work you describe yet, but exporting as PDF has worked for most of my needs.

another thing you can do is to simply leave the items blank or NOT enter them in finale, if you can do the items better with illustrator's built-in tools, since you have to work with it anyways.

if you explain what you have to do, i might be able to help better. i'm no expert with illustrator, but have figured out enough to be able to do pretty much everything i need. you could also send me the EPS privately if you want, and i can have a look.

--

shirling & neueweise ... new music publishers
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :.../ http://newmusicnotation.com