Aaron Sherber wrote:
At 06:23 AM 3/21/2007, dhbailey wrote:
 >I believe you have to generate the part manually.  BUT (and this is a
 >VERY important BUT!) when you go to the Manage Parts dialog, be certain
 >to clear the long list of the already generated parts and ONLY list the
 >new part you want generated, or it will generate an entire new list of
 >parts, undoing any part formatting you may have already done.

What?? No, I don't think this is what you mean.

If you clear the list of already generated parts, using the Delete button, then those parts will disappear once you hit OK in the Manage Parts dialog.

What you do want to be careful of is that you don't hit the Generate Parts button after you already have some linked parts, because that will delete all your existing parts and auto-create new parts for your score. (Finale will warn you about this first.) If you are manually adding parts, the correct procedure is to use the New Part button, define your part, and then hit OK. This will add the new part and preserve your existing parts.

Aaron, you're correct -- it was too early and I should have known better.

oops.

--
David H. Bailey