On 21.03.2007 dhbailey wrote:
I agree and had great frustration initially with this.

I've resolved it several ways (not that we should have to be so careful with
such a powerful feature):
1) I don't worry about generating parts until after I have done the data entry
(just as with the old extract-parts I wouldn't extract the parts until the
score was just right);
2) I don't do any editing on any of the parts until I'm sure I've got the parts
list exactly as I want it, in case I accidentally click the Generate Parts
button.

For me this would completely defeat the object of having linked parts. They are most useful for me when I need parts for a project which isn't finished. This happens with around 90% of all the projects I am doing. I can do some basic formatting on the parts and won't lose this when I get back to them later.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de