On Apr 26, 2007, at 5:27 AM, dhbailey wrote:

With Finale, any of us are free to jump off the "pay-for-features-you-probably-won't-use-along-with-a-couple-of-bug- fixes" annual upgrade merry-go-round and to continue to use our most recently purchased version (and any/all previous versions) for as long as we wish to.

On the Mac, that is not strictly true. FinMac 2002 was an almost perfect program, and I would still be using it today were it not for the fact that it will not run under Mac OSX. OSX required me to "upgrade" to Finale 2K4--which was in fact no upgrade at all, but a buggy step backward. All subsequent Mac versions of Finale use 2K4 as a baseline--and indeed, 2K7 is a superior product to 2K4, though it is still dramatically inferior to 2K2.

Only half of this problem is MakeMusic's fault. The other half is Apple's.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/kallisti.html