Christopher Smith / 2007/05/14 / 01:10 PM wrote:

>Remember that 2-measure repeats are staff styles, so they would be
>screwed up unless you specifically went and re-linked the staff
>styles to score.

No, no.  It was removed from the score.  It reappeared, not when I
reassigned vibe to the vibe part and removing the guitar part.  When I
did this, I finished formatting without seeing this 2 bar repeat.

I browsed to the guitar part to check, went back to the vibe part.  I
see formatting is screwed up.  Tried to figure what went wrong, then
found the 2 bar repeat has reappeared.  Went back to the score and it is
there, which was removed.  I have a proof by way of printed score that
it was removed yesterday.

So, the logical conclusion is this.  The previously generated vibe part
remembered this 2 bar repeat even though none of the Staff Style was
showing when I reassigned vibe part to the vibe part (confusing!).  I
then relinked Staff Style from the score.  Since score no longer
contains this 2 bar repeat, it displayed as expected.

BUT, for some reason, it still remembered it.  So, when I exited the
vibe part, it decided to modify the score!!

The vibraphone player grooves hard.  She is new to the orchestra, and I
wanted to give her a featured solo section.  Later, I found I want to
write 8 bars of soli where I don't want her to solo so I edited the
section out from her part.  Well, I guess she didn't like what I did :-)

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>