On Jun 3, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:
On Jun 3, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Rich Caldwell wrote:
I mentioned a similar problem on MM's forum a couple months ago, but got no response from other users - perhaps my issue is really a feature. If a staff is reduced using the resize tool and note positioning's note alignment point is defined as "horizontal click position," then the expression shows up to the left of where you click on that staff. The distance it's displaced depends on how much the staff is reduced.

Is this what you are seeing, or is it something different?

YES! I can confirm this exactly the way you describe it in FinMac 2007c. I thought it might be a screen artifact of some sort, kind of like those leaping articulations, corrected by a command-D redraw screen, but no, they stay put.

However, hitting "clear" puts the expression in the correct place. This makes me think that the bug is adding some additional offset to the positioning, if I can clear it to default positioning immediately (or not immediately! All the expressions I entered that were displaced moved to the entered position when I selected them and hit Clear (I think this would be backspace on a PC.)

Ah! Thanks for that tip. I'll try it next time I need to do a score with different sized staves.

Rich