David W. Fenton wrote:
On 8 Jun 2007 at 8:13, Christopher Smith wrote:

the clipboard for music seems moderately interesting,

Seems pretty easy to implement, though I'm not sure why. I usually just use scratch staves within the same file.

cut-and-paste to Word for musical examples certainly saves some fudging around,

If the graphic export in Finale supported something other than TIFF for bitmapped export, it would be a lot easier. Sibelius added PNG export, and if Finale added that, it would then be *very* easy to implement cut and paste of graphics into other apps.
and the possibilities for different sound libraries for playback seems easier than Finale,

It doesn't say, though, if you can mix GPO with other synthesizers.

Using the Mixer window you can assign any of the installed devices to any staff, so the answer is Yes you can use the Kontakt player for some staves and any other midi device for other staves. Sib4 doesn't come with a soundfont engine the way that Finale does, but you can certainly install softsynths of your own and use a virtual midi device such as Midi-yoke to run the midi output for whichever staves through midiyoke into any softsynth you want.

It's a much more robust midi implementation than Finale's in that regard.

--
David H. Bailey