Derek Kane wrote:
Just a quick question.

I tried to play a finale file with the midi sounds only, and it wouldn't
play.
I then was able to change the midi settings and have it play on GPO.

Is there a way to make finale play midi sounds only?  This would be very
helpful.

1) did you select a midi-out device which was actually hooked up and working? If you list exactly what you did to try to get your sounds to play by midi, it would be easier to help you.

2) is the slider for Midi up in your Windows Mixer? (I'm assuming windows since you didn't specify a platform -- if you're on a Mac I don't know where you would adjust this).

3) be more specific on just what you selected in the Midi Devices dialog, and just what the results were -- saying "it wouldn't play" could mean that the program wouldn't even attempt to start playback, it could mean that Finale appeared to play the file but nothing came out. Also telling us how you "changed the midi settings" might provide some insights.

--
David H. Bailey