I root for Sibelius even though I've never used it and can't imagine using it unless a project client demands it and the project is worth learning it. Keep the heat on! Breathe down MM's neck! Get better and better.

In the jungle, strong animals get old or sick. You know what happens to them. I presume that MM want to make money the old-fashioned way (compete for it with a better product) and that it knows you can't fool savvy users. But, mismanagement is nothing new to American business, and if MM has by some means morphed into mismanagement, what a pity indeed. The management team would deserve every single penalty its performance brings. Sadly, we and innocent employees of MM would pay the price as well.

But I don't know enough to know that this has happened to MM or is in progress. I just hope they admit that they are as vulnerable as the next company absent any meaningful strategy to stay in the leader's position.

I still enjoy using Finale and especially that it is so vast that there's almost always a way to do something that must be done.

--Richard