I went to their site to pose a question, but the answer already was there. Duh. It says (quote):

"Changing the color for highlighted items in Finale 2008
        Question

The color that Finale uses to highlight measures and other items seems too dark. Can I change this somewhere?
        Answer

All versions of Finale use the same color that your operating system uses for highlighting items, however Finale 2008 no longer inverts the colors of your notes and staff lines to make them appear in white. This may make it seem too dark on some systems.

If you would like, you may change the highlighting color for your operating system and this will also change the color Finale uses.

Windows

    *
Right-click somewhere on the blank area of your Desktop and choose "Properties".
    *
      Click on the "Appearance" tab.
    *
You may simply change your color scheme to Silver or Olive Green and this will change your highlight color to be lighter.

(optional)

    *
If you only want to change the highlight color, click the Advanced button.
    *
Change Item to Selected Items. Change the color what you want it to be.

Macintosh

    *
      Go to the Apple and select "System Preferences"
    *
      Click on "Appearance"
    *
      Change the Highlight Color to what you want it to be."

And here's my problem: I'm on W2000 (no, I won't upgrade, there's no need to), and I don't have the mentioned colour schemes nor an Advanced button. Any other W2000 users out there who can point me in the right direction?

Aaron Sherber wrote:
The white vs. black thing is odd. You might want to contact Makemusic and complain -- though I'm pretty sure they'll say it was a design choice rather than a bug.

Aaron.