At 10:52 AM 7/11/2007, Pierre Bailleul wrote:
>1. I adjust verticaly all the composite time signatures from inside
>the staff to on the bottom of the staff. But the + sign character stay
>inside the staff ?

If your composite signature is something like 2+3/8, and you tweak the Vertical Adjustment values in Document Options | Time Signatures, then the + should get moved along with the 2 and 3, using the Top Symbol value. If your time sig is something like 2/8 + 3/8, then the displacement of the + is controlled by the value in Abbreviated Symbol. This value doesn't just control the placement of common time and cut time symbols; it controls the placement of time signature elements which are usually placed centered on the staff -- like cut time, but also like the + in some composite time sigs.

>2. In normal time signature, do you know the way to obtain 2 instead of 2/4 ?

You mean you want the time sig to really be 2/4, but you want it to display just as a centered 2 on the staff? I can think of a couple of different ways:

1. Set the time sig to 2/4, but set it to display as 2/2, abbreviated to the cut time symbol. In Document Options | Time Signatures, near the top where it says "Abbreviate Cut Time to", select the numeral 2 instead of the usual cut time symbol.

2. Set the time sig to 2/4, but set it to display as 2/2, *not* abbreviated. In Document Options | Time Signatures, set your units to Spaces, then enter -1 for the Top Symbol displacement and 1 for the Bottom Symbol displacement. This will put the two 2's on top of each other in the middle of the staff.

Aaron.