Hi Mark,

see below

On Jul 11, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Johnson, Mark wrote:

Hi Chuck (and SHSU list),

Do you happen to have Finale installed on a drive other than your boot
drive? If so, this could be causing the problem.

This is not the issue on my system.

For now, you could
either install Finale on your boot drive or create a bookmark to Finale
2008/Help Files/Finale.htm in the browser of your choice.

Bookmark done - and the main problem is now solved. I can get to the files, just not from the Help Menu.

This is only a small inconvenience, since the wait time for the browser to open is there in either case.

This has
something to do with the way context help is setup and the engineers are
looking into a fix for maintenance.

Since our various disappointments with maintenance fixes in 2007, it is encouraging to hear that things like these are being addressed now.

Thanks,

Chuck

While I'm here I should mention that I've been noting the other concerns
regarding the new help system and take them seriously - particularly
forcing IE, which was a necessary evil and the result of another
context-sensitivity issue. Please note the system can be viewed on the
browser of your choice by opening the finale.htm file manually.

Our documentation staff was very busy this year implementing the new
system. We hope you find it helpful and plan additional improvements in
the coming months.

Sincerely,

Mark Johnson
Documentation Editor