Johnson, Mark wrote:
Hi Chuck (and SHSU list),

Do you happen to have Finale installed on a drive other than your boot
drive? If so, this could be causing the problem. For now, you could
either install Finale on your boot drive or create a bookmark to Finale
2008/Help Files/Finale.htm in the browser of your choice. This has
something to do with the way context help is setup and the engineers are
looking into a fix for maintenance.
While I'm here I should mention that I've been noting the other concerns
regarding the new help system and take them seriously - particularly
forcing IE, which was a necessary evil and the result of another
context-sensitivity issue. Please note the system can be viewed on the
browser of your choice by opening the finale.htm file manually.
Our documentation staff was very busy this year implementing the new
system. We hope you find it helpful and plan additional improvements in
the coming months.

Mark,

Thank you very much for appearing on this list.

I do have to say that the documentation, at least as much as I have worked with it so far, is much improved, and my initial concerns over the use of HTML have proven unfounded.

I like the quick access to the different things I might need to cross reference much better than with PDF, and if they can solve the mandatory use of IE, it may well be the best documentation since the printing of the three bound volumes all those many versions ago.

Thank you again for stepping forth to help Chuck solve his problem!

--
David H. Bailey