I don't know about Mac, but on the PC platform, the limitation is that Finale doesn't support Unicode. If that is the case with Mac, I have found the following site

http://www.lillians.de/fonts.html

which has many fonts, including Kanji and the "joined" characters (e.g., "kyu") in 8-bit character sets (True Type). I think they are in PC format, but you may be able to either use them (again, not familiar with Mac) or convert them somehow. There are also documents that explain how to use the fonts.

Hope this helps.

Robert Patterson wrote:
Does anyone know a way to enter Kanji in Mac Finale? I've figured out how to enter kana using fonts, but I can't figure out if there are any easy kanji fonts. I would like to display a coupld of kanji in a text block.