Bruce K H Kau wrote:
I don't know about Mac, but on the PC platform, the limitation is that Finale doesn't support Unicode.

Thanks, Bruce. I figured out what to do. My mistake was trying to copy/paste the characters from a Unicode program into Finale. There is a font on my Mac called "Hiragin Myouchou" that I think was included when I installed the Japanese international input option. If I set the text font to Hiragin Myouchou before entering the text, then type it directly using the input system (not copy/paste), Finale displays the kanji correctly. I assume since Finale can handle it, the font must be multibyte UTF-8.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com