On Aug 4, 2007, at 8:38 PM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 08:19 PM 8/4/2007, Bruce E. Clausen wrote:
> Also, call it petty,
>as a composer, I resent having to work around having to use key signatures. >Though my work is tonal, it is highly chromatic and sigs are annoying. >Further, as a horn player, I find it disconcerting to put things into a C
>score to work around.

Have you looked at Finale's chromatic transposition, as opposed to key sig transposition? I use this all the time. It lets me have my clarinets in Bb and horns in F and so forth, all transposed properly, and nobody needs a key signature.

Except for chord symbols, which do NOT transpose correctly when Chromatic Transposition is selected in the Staff Attributes.

Bug MakeMusic about this! It's been more than TEN YEARS now...

Christopher