In the Finale 2007 manual, what I believe you want is on p.12-11, under 'To
remove a composite meter.' You can also get there from the Index, under
'Composite time signatures'. I also note that Richard Yates answered your
question with this information on Saturday, August 4.

Thank you, Aaron and Richard - I am sorry, I missed this.

There is another problem. When I use playback, the tempo sometimes freeses: I
can go for 1 quarter note = 80 or 1 quarter note is 20, it does not make a
difference. Choosing another value does not help, i.e. 1 half note = 80.
I tried closing and opening again. I also saved the music to a new document. It
still will playback using one tempo only. Might this be a bug?

Best regards,

Will