Andrew and Christopher, thanks for the replies. My pages at 100% are difficult to read: too small and would be terribly difficult to read from the podium. The score is Winds, Brass, Perc. and harp, solo horn, strings, totalling 18 staves, which extend (at 100%) from about 1" (on the ruler) to 7" on the page. Seems to have plenty of room for enlargement. Nevertheless, on other scores when I've over enlarged, the score merely extends too far down the page, sometimes beyond (further down). I've never seen a sizing problem like this where each page is one measure of super-enlarged type, which is located on the left side of the page (about 2"), leaving the remainder of the page (left to right) blank.

BC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Stiller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] Size Matters

Bruce E. Clausen wrote:

I'm attempting to find the best size for the score on the page, working with % tool. At 100% all is well, but the score is too small for the page

To which I reply (not actually a quotation):

100% is much too *large* for anything except children's teaching materials and music for the visually impaired. I normally use 80% for performance materials (i.e., extracted parts) but many folks use 75%. For scores my default is likewise 80%, but I almost always have to make it smaller, sometimes down to 60%

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/