Chuck...
Your embarassment doesn't mask the fact that the NI updating system is--shall
we say--generally inefficient. ;-) At least, I wish they'd number things
properly so one knows whether or not one has the latest library update.
Jim
From: Chuck Israels
Sent: Tue 28-Aug-07 17:34
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Finale] JABB update for K2, Garritan Wiki
Anybody remember this thread? Dumb me - it's always the same kind of
thing. What was in one place gets moved to a new place when you do
an update/upgrade, and then I can't find it and think things are
broken that aren't! So - to explain, and to help other obtuse folks
like me: after updating to the new Kontakt 2 player, you will find a
new listing in the Audio Units Setup menu called "Kontakt 2 Player"
and that is where the new samples are accessed. Attempting to load
samples from the old JABB or GPO places will result in the error
message I described earlier.
Why don't the old listings disappear with the update? Can I get rid
of them? I can't use them anymore, and they are simply clutter. If
I had designed this, I'd have had the new selection drop down menu
take the place of the old instead of just appearing below them, where
it took me weeks to look. Bad design makes me feel stupid when I
don't see something and don't think to look beyond where it used to be.
Of course, I only just discovered this after leaving phone messages
for Gary and Tom Hopkins for which I am now embarrassed.
Chuck
Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale