On 9/3/07, dc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Parrot's hypothesis (or rather J. Rifkin's) is precisely based on the
> absence of "extra" vocal parts.

Yes, and other researchers are proving this point with studies of
Telemann's manuscripts in both Hamburg and Frankfurt. Dr. Jeanne Swack
has a large monograph* due out shorly with Cambridge University Press
supporting Rifkin's theory, using the Telemann cantata materials in
Frankfurt as supportive evidence.

I can also tell you from what I've seen of the Graupner materials,
there's a lot of evidence to support Rifkin's theory as well. This
specific cantata I mentioned earlier was performed by no more than 3
singers!

Kim Patrick Clow