I am on Windows XP using acrobat pro 7 and I have no PDF problems
whatsoever. You can't blame the PDF output - the problem seems to be the
"Preview" program on Mac.

At least you ask the question yourself - Another issue for PDF on screen
(actually, I just need it for printing most of the time, and I'm glad the
quality is very good, even using small file sizes) - The better the
resolution, the better the quality.

I use a HP 24" screen displaying 1920 x 1200 dots. So maybe this is part of
my answer.

Kurt