On Sep 23, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 23.09.2007 Christopher Smith wrote:
Not on my system. Preview makes all the line grey onscreen, but only from SOME Windows-produced PDFs (Mac ones look fine), but Reader 8 looks great.

But the lines should be grey. They are thinner than one pixel, so the anti-aliasing should make it grey.

Nah. The beams are grey, too, and everything is still grey at high magnifications. Also some very thin lines are completely black, so that can't be it. Also Mac-produced PDFs never have grey anything.

The problem with the windows PDF output displayed in Reader is that all the lines are different thickness, extremely thick, and the notes are so blotchy one can't read them.

Hmm, not my experience. Do you have Reader 8, the newest one?

David Bailey pointed out that it is hard to make an accurate diagnosis when the results are so different on different systems. It certainly isn't helping!

Christopher