Dick Hauser / 07.9.23 / 1:44 PM wrote:

>In working on my problem of F2k8 crash on open, I've noticed that the
>Audio Midi Setup pane of OS is set to 2-ch 24-bit.  The MM tech
>mentioned that Finale only wants 16 bit, but since the crash seems to
>happen when Finale is initializing midi (not Core midi, after that)
>he decided not to pursue it.  Just for laughs, I decided to try
>booting with the Audio Midi Setup set at 16-bit.  However, the format
>pull down for Audio/Midi Setup has no option but 24-bit.

Unfortunately the tech person you talked doesn't know much.  The A/D
format isn't something you can chose.  It's not like sample rate.  The
bit depth is only a file format.  Your 2048 A/D is 20-bit (24-bit if
mark-ii).  That is a spec of the converter.  When you track with DP, you
have a choice to write the file in 24-bit or 16-bit.  "Finale only wants
16-bit" doesn't make sense.

Have you tried trashing Finale pref as I suggested?

In you crash log, this appears in line 2:

2   ...u.driver.PCIAudio.HALPlugIn      0x0799df8c PlugInDevice::GetProperty
(unsigned long, bool, unsigned long, unsigned long*, void*) + 384

In my guess, what this is telling you is Finale is calling PCI424 driver
then receives something Finale doesn't understand and crashes.

You should also try assign Built-in under AMS to see if Finale still crashes.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>