-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 05 Oct 2007, at 12:01 PM, Bruce E. Clausen wrote:

Dennis - The fine print on the October half-off offer is:
North/Central/South America: Offer only available to Finale, Encore, Mosaic and Sibelius Student Edition users residing within North, Central and South America (Allegro, PrintMusic, Finale Guitar, etc. are not eligible).

I should have mentioned this in my first post. Apologies. The notice for the offer is on the home page of Sib. http:// www.sibelius.com/home/index_flash.html

BC

From: "dc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>; "Finale" <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] Sibelius 5

Bruce E. Clausen écrit:
I finally decided to take the plunge and invest in Sibelius 5. I may later decide that Finale is the better program, but for now I want to compare. As you may know, Sib5 is available to Finale users in a $199 Competitive Upgrade. The good news for me was that this month, October, Sib is offering the upgrade for half price, $99. So instead of buying the Fin08 upgrade I have invested in Sib. I don't think the terms will get any better. I'm still a little worried that this is a case of the grass being greener, but at this price I don't think I'll get clipped.

Hi Bruce,

Where did you find this offer? I just wrote to Sibelius to ask why the prices were so much higher in Europe, and got the following reply. Which means that anyone could ship to Europe if they want to, since Sibelius admits that they can't "enforce" this dubious policy.

In answer to your question regarding price difference between the USA and Europe, we have to price our products taking into consideration the price of our competitors over which we have no control. As software along with nearly everything else is significantly cheaper in the US we have to adjust our price accordingly, this is simply economic fact. In addition higher local prices in the UK (from everything from rent to salaries) mean that it costs businesses more to operate here than in the USA. Sibelius USA only ships to addresses in the US but we cannot enforce such regulations on our various US dealers who are free to ship overseas if they wish.

Dennis