Sibelius 5 comes with about 3GB of samples called Sibelius Sounds Essentials. It includes GPO, Garriton JABB, Concert and Maching Band, Virtual Drumline, and World Music. It also has VST/AU support so you can also use other sample libraries.

Richard Smith
http://www.rgsmithmusic.com

Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
Well, if this post gets out there, since I had no responses to my query inre what sorts of playback sounds were available in Sib 5, and after finally having found some of the info on the Sibelius product description, I went ahead the coughed up the $80 and ordered one. I'd still like to know from those who have now used both fin and Sib 5, are there more options for library sounds in sib than in fin, and if so, what is the relative quality of said sounds? Looking forward to playing around with it and seeing what it can do. The user friendly tech support will be a welcome change, especially for one not particularly technically gifted, as you have do doubt perceived by this time. While I'm at it, I do want to thank all the folks who have helped me get through the learning curve on mac fin oo7 (Shaken, not stirred, thank you very much).

With Gratitude,

Dean