Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
I'm sending this question to this list, as I think I'll get the fastest response, vis a vi the Sib list. I just installed my new competitive upgrade for Sib 5, and all seems to be fine, except that for the life of me, and I tried to read the Reference section carefully (which, BTW, seems most confusing on this particular issue), I can not get the thing to play back with any kind of quality to which I have been accustomed via Macfin 07 with Kontakt 2. I have tried to "activate" all kinds of playback devices, but either get the tinny sound of softsynth on Finale, or a message that "the file can't be found, please check to see that it was properly loaded into the Library," or something to that effect. Can come of you guys who have been swinging both ways give me a clue as to how to make the thing playback with the promised quality? Can it be that it isn't registered yet be a problem in this area?

At the bottom of the PLAY menu is a Playback Configuration choice. Select that and make sure that Kontakt2 is enabled. To ensure that's the playback device that gets used, highlight any others in the Active Devices list and remove them from that list.

Other than that I'm at a loss, especially if you have used the file setup dialog to start with.

--
David H. Bailey