On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:31 AM, dhbailey wrote:

David W. Fenton wrote:
[snip]

I still am annoyed that Finale is not smart enough to beam correctly, as the rules are pretty cut-and-dried (beam 3/4 in 6 8ths, but break 16ths and all smaller values on the quarter).

And as you say it is cut-and-dried.

How hard would it be for Finale to incorporate an additional dialog into the time signature dialog, something reachable by an OPTIONS button, which would have a couple of places where we could specify beaming patterns for 8ths and for 16ths and for 32nds?

Or just a check box in the Beaming Options, as they do for 4 eighths in 4/4.

Christopher