I probably am not following you real well, and figured bass was so any music theory years ago....Unless layers could be used instead of voices, I'm not sure what else to do except use note expressions instead of lyrics, which I guess would be truly impractical. You know, if you use Option-Space (Mac) you create a non-breaking space, meaning that it doesn't cause the cursor to move to the next note. So, that way you can enter more than one figure per beat and the hidden notes aren't needed. Just adjust the positioning to your liking if needed.

--Richard