Given that I used to watch Guido in Detroit on Canadian TV over 40 years
ago, that note may or may not be what it used to be, although a lot of
good players still sound great even in their 70's. I recently saw the
most remarkable trio of Muhal Richard Abrams, Roscoe Mitchell, and
George Lewis. Abrams and Mitchell have to be in their 70s and they
played as strongly and sounded as good as any player could, regardless of age.

**Leigh