Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has figured out what causes Finale to lose Multi-measure rests in Page View. After not having had the problem for years, it suddenly re-appeared in a project I am working on (Finale 2005).

The only thing I can think of to precipitate this is that before laying out each part, I ran, in quick succession, on each whole file:
Break Multi-Measure Rest, followed by Create Multi-Measure Rest.

The result, in only *some* of the files, was to have some multi-measure rests (including the measures themselves) missing completely. Measure-numbering was unaffected. In one case, a single measure jumped ship.

Re-running the above routine on those passages restored the multi-rests & the single measure, but it is disturbing to think it could happen again, without warning!

Thanks in advance for any theories or preventative solutions.

Dan Carno

Daniel Carno
Music Engraving Services
Quality work in Sibelius, Finale, and Score
4514 Makyes Road
Syracuse, New York 13215
(315) 492-2987