On Tue, November 27, 2007 6:55 am, Christopher Smith wrote:
> Dennis B.K. had another post on the subject that I thought I kept,
> but I can't find it. He had a intermediate step that saved some
> material and seemed more secure, but it is lost now. Dennis?

I have used several desperate measures over the years.

The primary one I use now is about the same as yours. Save the file under
a new name, delete the offending measure completely, re-save the file,
close it, exit Finale, and restart and re-open. Then do a data check,
re-save, exit, restart and re-open. Insert a new blank measure where it's
needed, data check, re-save, exit, restart, re-open. Then re-enter the
material by hand into the new blank measure, re-save, etc.

The multiple checks, saves and opens seem to establish a clean document
and clean run of Finale at each point.

The old way was much easier: to save as ETF. This worked almost every time.

Speaking of bugs, my lovely letter on lovely bond paper with a lovely
stamp and lovely envelope to the CEO of MakeMusic on October 6th was met
with the exact reaction predicted on this list: It was completely ignored.

Dennis