My triplet defaults are set: "always flat; avoid staff." That seems fine, unless the triplet is close enough to the staff that the number is displaced to the "avoid staff" distance and the broken bracket is not. In this case, the number/bracket relationship is skewed (vertically), and I have to remove the "avoid staff" definition (which then restores the number/bracket relationship but displaces the whole triplet symbol) and reposition the triplet by hand. Am I missing something in the default settings or doing something wrong that makes this fussy hand editing necessary?

Also, are others experiencing frequent 2008 (Mac) crashes - 3 or 4 in a normal day's work? I have resigned myself to this condition, but it does not speak well for 2008's stability.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836