dhbailey wrote:
1) it doesn't work in FireFox, it only works in Internet Explorer. I installed the viewer after exiting FireFox, started FireFox again and still get the error message "Click Here To Install PlugIn" where the music should appear. And no message whatsoever on the web-site stating that Internet Explorer is necessary for proper viewing of the site. There is no option at all in the installation process for FinaleViewer to use any browser at all, it seems only to look for and install for IE.

FWIW, I got exactly the same problem as you described above when trying to install Scorch in the latest version of Firefox. And when installing it on IE6, the installer when completely nuts and started endless instances of itself.

IMO, neither a Finale nor Sibelius viewer is a good alternative for the end user. A MusicXML viewer (with font inclusion) is one thing that would make sense, another would be a SVG solution with playback. The Sibelius music I looked at yesterday looked so bad that virtually nothing would be lost in a conversion to a generic format.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson