On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:30 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

If I were to switch to a laptop-only setup, I'd need a docking
station at home and portable mouse for carrying with me. I don't know
what I'd do about MIDI, though, or whether or not most docking
stations have speaker connections.

You could use a mini-USB keyboard like the M-Audio Oxygen, which is USB powered and hardly bigger than a laptop itself. The two of them fit nicely into a carrying case.

I have the Ozone, which has a mic-preamp built in, but doesn't have the option of USB or battery power. Drag! But it was cheap, cheap, cheap second hand on the InterWeb thingy.

Christopher