Controlling the shape of smart shape slurs in the various spacing
contexts of score/part and scroll/page views has always been a great
deal of trouble for me. Instead, for L.V. I use shape expressions that
are set not to expand or contract with spacing. You have the same
level of control as will Smart Shapes, but they never change shape no
matter which view you are in.