At 11:18 AM 1/9/2008, dc wrote:
>Dragoş Oltean écrit:
>>If I write 2/6 (page number of total pages) and I change offset with 1,
>>Finale write 3/6 and the last page 7/6.
>>Why?
>
>Because Finale counts the real number of pages. You could add a blank page
>at the beginning, and remove the offset.

But it seems to me that the idea of a page offset is useful if you have, for example, a multi-movement piece with each movment in a different file. This is even the use for page offset which is suggested in the help file. In this case, a file might contain 20 pages numbered 60-80, and you clearly don't want to have to add 59 blank pages in front.

I think what would be useful here is a text insert called 'Last page number' or something like that. This would be the page number of the last page of the file, taking any page offsets into account.

Aaron.