Richard Yates wrote:
Mac G5
MOTU 2  IN  2  OUT interface
MIDI keyboard
Finale 2K7

Finale can't find the MIDI. He gets a message that Finale is looking for the MIDI but that it can't be found. We see the MIDI icon when we go to MIDI SETUP...

When he tries to use Speedy, he gets nothing but rests.

I have no idea if this is related, but every time that I start Finale, even
if all the MIDI setup has been done correctly before and I am opening a file
that played fine, I still have to go into MIDI / MIDI Setup  and click on OK
to get MIDI input/output to work. This is on Windows, though.

Wow, in all the versions of Finale I've used over the years, all on Windows, I've never had to do that. I wonder what would be causing that for you?

--
David H. Bailey