[EMAIL PROTECTED] / 08.2.20 / 6:16 AM wrote:

>I've had this happen on three or four computers over the years. Maybe  it is
>something I'm doing then, I just don't know, but a computer lecturer at  our
>local university reckoned it was a common feature.

I think so, too.
Ever since OSX became stable enough for me to do all the network stuff,
I don't do Windows much these days.  I have 3 PCs here.  One of them
takes 10 minutes to boot even in safe mode, like yours.  The other one
is muento slow.  The last one is still doing OK but this machine I got
after I moved all the tasks to OSX, and I don't work on this machine
much anymore - small tasks like browser compatibilities for my web designs.

When I was doing Windows back then, it was my routine to image C: upon
clean install plus Office install to D:, and refresh C: from the image
every 6 month, or I get the symptom you described.  One of the biggest
reasons I stick with Mac OS is there is no messy registry biz.

>Thanks David for your suggestions and links - I'll try those when I get in
>from work.

I never saw that post.  Is this how my posts sometime getting ignored?
:-)

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>