Bear in mind that in this context, I'm not talking about suddenly
releasing all the pressure.  In any case, even if there is a risk of the
soundpost falling, 'poke through the top of the instrument'?  That's
equating it to instruments dropping from a height bridge-down onto tiles
or being stamped on, which are the situations in which I've seen that
happen.