The Young Musicians Foundation orchestra in L.A, performed "Il distratto" with Michael T. Thomas at the helm in the late '60s. I don't recall any particular problems, though I was watching from the horn section.
Bruce Clausen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Horton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] what does a copyist do? now scordatura

And you've seen it played, by a pro symphony, when?

RBH

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And don't forget Haydn't "Distratto" (Symphony #60) in terms of re-tuning
written into the music!

ajr

I think the phrase "the exception that proves the rule" comes to mind.

Thanks for the example.

RBH

Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi Ray,

IIRC, when I saw her do it, Laura Frautschi made the adjustment using
the pegs. And yes, the soloist finishes the concerto in the new F#C#AE
tuning.

The piece is on the New World Records album _Trans_ -- iTunes link here:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=215428021&s=143441

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----