Well, low B isn't exactly a staple for trombones--not quite a pedal tone,
and not that versatile as a first harmonic. Esp for tenor 'bone. I've
always found it worthwhile to work around the challenges of instrumental
limitations to solve my problems--after, look at what Haydn pulled out of
the same necessity!

(Also, St. Louis Symphony did program the "Distratto" a buncha years
ago--I didn't get to hear it, though.)

ajr