On Feb 29, 2008, at 12:41 AM, Randolph Peters wrote:

I've finally gotten around to posting a Finale file (version 2007) and a pdf of the same page. This file shows how you can use suffixes in the Chord Tool to build all kinds of shapes. The advantages over the Graphic Tool include the fact that placement is precise and the results are consistent.

You can get the demonstration files here:

http://homepage.mac.com/randolphpeters2/FileSharing9.html

In order to see the Finale file properly, you will need the Toccata, Fughetta, Zapf Dingbats and Palatino fonts. Feel free to copy my shapes and modify them for your own use. Even if you don't like my winged brackets, the file at least shows you how it is done.

Thanks a bunch! Very ingenious.

Apparently, one also needs FAN files for those fonts, as some of the items (the wavy lines) float too high above the staff in the Finale doc, as opposed to the PDF.

But it is a fine tutorial, and on behalf of the Finale community, I thank you.

Christopher