Here's a guess:

If you are using Garritan Instruments, they depend on HP-created continuous MIDI data to interpret dynamics. If you turn HP's continuous data off, HP cannot send the volume controller data, and any sustaining Garritan Instruments could be too soft to be heard.

At any rate, there is little point in using HP at all if you are not going to let it contribute its own continuous MIDI data.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]