On 04.04.2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
my mac techie suggested doing this, because in 4yrs i have never de-fragged
because i never was able to do complete backups, so the system is running
really slow.  he is convinced this and deleting massive amounts of files
clogging up the available space that OSX uses as memory will resolve
essentially all of the problems i have been experiencing.

I wonder which problems that would be. Personally I would not feel comfortable backing up and then actually erasing the original. And whatever you do, I really think you should have at least two working backup clones before you even think about erasing anything.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de